Tuesday 29 October 2013

N is for ... Neige


Time for another entry for The Craft Barn's Dictionary Challenge. This time round it's letter N with no twist. So before we go any further I need to apologise to Izzy for playing fast and loose with my word choice.

As you know I'm using an old French-English dictionary and I'm using the French half of the dictionary for this challenge. I have chosen the word neige meaning... snow. My interpretation, as you can see below, is a snowman, which in French is really un bonhomme de neige, but I'm hoping that since my bonhomme is made from neige (OK if you're going to be picky - cereal box, acrylic paint and ink) Izzy will forgive me?




I have used Tim Holtz's Winter Wonder die, painted with white acrylic and inked with DI. The hat and carrot nose have been flocked and the seam binding stained with Fired Brick DS. The snow and snowflakes are heat embossed with Stampendous Winter Wonderland embossing powder.

I'm really quite fond of my jolly snowman :0)

20 comments:

  1. Excellent word choice, super page. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Clever choice Maisie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wonderful snowman
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well he is made with neige and wonderful he looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute "neigeman" !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snowman and a very pretty word

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your snowman and your embossed flakes! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great snowman - I'm sure Izzy will agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking great - gorgeous die. Lovely flakes too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great word choice and depiction done in your vintage style. Your dictionary must be a delight to flip through?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, he's so funny! I think it's his arms that make me laugh as he's posing like a human :)
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from The Craft Barn - wonderfully fun page. I wonder what he's looking for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is a great snowman, love the page.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maisie, clever word choice, love that snowman! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol - great word choice - I'm sure Izzy will let you off! He looks fab - especially with that little touch of flock. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your bonhomme de neige with scarf, great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful, love the snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great page I'm sure Izzy will be kind love that snowman he looks so cool! ( sorry for the pun) lol

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous word, love the snowman with his wonderful scarf, great page.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That snowman is beautiful :)
    We are starting to have a bit of "neige" here.. nothing scary yet though.
    Thanks for playing
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts. Maisie Moonshine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...