Friday 21 September 2012

Mixed Media Angel - Sunday Stampers #223

This weeks Sunday Stampers Challenge song title is Tie a Yellow Ribbon - with the challenge theme of ribbons.

I've just hopped over to the Anything But A Card Challenge blog and spotted that Challenge #2 is Texture so I'm going to enter this project there too.

Here is my little offering. To give you an idea of scale my little mixed media angel is standing in front of a tissue cube from a well known paper handkerchief manufacturer. (She is four inches tall) and the product of a worse than usual attack of insomnia!






I'm sorry, I didn't take any step-by-steps as I wasn't sure if I was going to end up with something blog-able or a hideous voodoo stylee monster!

Luckily she came out OK!

Here are some detail shots




Her face and wings are stamped with VersaFine onyx black ink on vintage dictionary paper. (I think I've fallen in love with faces stamped on text paper - I WILL be doing this again!) (Or maybe it is the gorguss girl herself - I have a real thing about Santoro's gorguss designs!)




Her body is made from two pieces of pipecleaner bent and twisted in to a body shape and then wrapped with wool roving.



Her dress is made from silver satin ribbon, gathered over a white felt underskirt and bodice and finished off with a white sparkly ribbon bow and a tiny silver heart charm. And because I know that if you could pick her up and check, you would (because we all do - don't we (?) (Oh dear I hope it's not just me - EMBARRASSING!) I can confirm that she sadly is NOT wearing any knickers!




The all important deets:

Face stamp - Personal Impressions / Santoro gorguss - Hang me up to dry
Wings stamp - Hampton Arts - Teen Labels

Well this little project couldn't be further removed than last weeks minor opus - minimal stamping and monochromatic to boot, but I really enjoyed making this, and with the addition of a hanging loop I am determined that my sweet little mixed media angel will be taking up residence on the Moonshine's Christmas Tree this year!

Thanks for popping in, please come back again soon.



7 comments:

  1. Another beautiful piece of creativity. I can't keep up with you.

    Again superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, she truly is GORJUSS... I love your altered side, you show such creativity... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project! Love the shine and texture. Thanks for joining us at ABAC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous angel. I LOVE IT :) Thanks for joining us at ABAC this week :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is lovely! I never considered stamping faces on print, but really like the effect! This will be so beautiful on your tree as well! So glad you didn't keep us guessing on her undergarments! :)
    Thanks so much for joining us again at ABAC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh this is soo pretty! I love that sweet image and the dress is stunning! Great project! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet little angel and I love her dress that you made so creatively! Really LOVE the face printed on text - makes such an unusual finish. Beautiful little angel!
    Thank you so much for joining us at ABAC and I do hope we'll see you again soon.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts. Maisie Moonshine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...