Friday 7 September 2012

Vintage Dress Form

Oh happy day! I have just finished my project for the Sunday Stampers Challenge #221 and because, as you will see, this project definitely isn't a card I'm also going to submit it for the Anything But A Card Challenge.

I bought this vintage style wire dress form months ago with the intention of embellishing it at some point...



well - inspired by the two challenges that point appears to be now!

I really enjoyed this little project which gave me a chance to use a variety of bits and bobs from my stash.
















For the record:

Stamps: Flower - Craft Stamper freebie from August 2010 issue; Flourish label (on fabric) My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus; Perfume bottle and perfume bottle label Habico Vintage Sewing

Inks: Staz-on Jet Black (flowers),  Tim Holtz Distress Inks Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Aged Mahogany (flowers) Antique Linen (perfume bottle and perfume bottle label background), Ranger Archival coffee (perfume bottle and perfume bottle label), VersaCraft chocolate (flourish label)

Other bits and bobs:

Adage ticket & charm clip- Tim Holtz Idea-ology

Postage stamp - WH Smith

Bird cage charm - Crafty Individuals

Lace, bead trim, cameo, beads and stick pins from stash


I hope you like it too!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely STUNNING... love this loads, the shabby vintage look is amazing... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very very pretty.
    Lynn Holland

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here! Love your florals on this wired form! Just beautiful and so French feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maisie, I am so glad you were able to join us! Thanks so much for all of the close up pics of your gorgeous project too! (kept me from squinting!)I love the combination of elements and texture on this wonderful sash!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great to me, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely. I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. Keep it up Maisie, such a head full of gorgeous ideas waiting to explode onto us all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay this is downright GORGEOUS!!! That flower cluster is seriously inspiring! :) Thanks for joining us at ABAC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sooooo sorry I've only just read the post you left me. Am so glad you managed to post ok. Love the dressform it's gorgeous. Am off to become a follower!!!! Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cool! LOve those flowers and the other little details too!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card challenge!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your GORGEOUS project with everyone at ABAC! How awesome to find a vintage dress form - so glad that this was the challenge that brought it to fruition! Look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts. Maisie Moonshine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...